About Me

I am a very close friend of Donn Flipse, Jen Stabile and other associates of Field of Flowers, based in Davie Florida. I share with them a love of flowers and plants, the business of selling them, and a desire to learn more about them. Via my blog I hope to find other people of similar interests and provide them with interesting and entertaining information.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Periods of Designs


One Period of Design that is still used today, is called the Biedermeier also know as "The Classical Revival."

This design originated in Germany about 1815. The Biedermeier focuses on symmetry and straight lines. The flowers are put in containers such as metal or marble mounts and placed on pedestals or columns.

Field of Flowers uses this design style today in their own interpretation of their arrangement called Biedermeier as shown above.

1 comment:

flower Philippine said...

Well, I like that flower design. I also want to learn different designs. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post. Keep posting.

-pia-