About Me

I am a very close friend of Donn Flipse, Jen Stabile and other associates of Field of Flowers, based in Davie Florida. I share with them a love of flowers and plants, the business of selling them, and a desire to learn more about them. Via my blog I hope to find other people of similar interests and provide them with interesting and entertaining information.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Going Dutch


The huge, annual horticultural fair that is held each year outside of Amsterdam recently concluded with more than 47,000 visitors. http://hortifair.com/ And clearly the environment is on everyone’s mind! The theme of the Hortifair Exhibition 2008 was Growing Sustainability.
I wish I was able to attend this year. It is always fabulous and inspiring to anyone who loves flowers and plants. I have had the pleasure of visiting the gargantuan flower auction at Aalsmeer, Holland several times. If you are in the Amsterdam area it’s a must‐see. They are very hospitable to visitors. Can you believe it’s bigger than the Pentagon and filled with fresh flower that were all cut that morning?
http://www.aalsmeer.nl/00004.asp

No comments: